The former prison island, located 11 km off the coast of Cape Town, is now a World Heritage Site and an evocative virtual shrine to its most famous prisoner, African National Congress leader Nelson Mandela. This is where he spent 18 of his 27 years in prison. Take an insightful journey through South Africa's difficult past on a tour of Robben Island. Hear stories from a former prisoner on the island as you explore this tangible symbol of political freedom and a reminder of the tough road to South African democracy.
- Address: Robben Island Museum, Private Bag Robben Island, Cape Town
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +27 21 413 4200
- More Info: www.robben-island.org.za
- Address: To reach the island, take a ferry from: Nelson Mandela Gateway, Clocktower Precinct, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
- More Info: 45f9786dac4f0b7bbd270ef04424b572338ef4fa